This Site is a tribute to possibly the most beautiful thing my ears have ever heard

Welcome to "Hide And Seek" Fan Site. This web is a tribute to possibly the most beautiful thing my ears have ever heard. Watch, listen, Download or support the song by buying at Amazon

September 22, 2010

Imogen Heap about the origin of "Hide and Seek"

Imogen Heap about

This is an extract from an interview 4 years ago, where Imogen Heap talks about the origin of her song, "Hide and Seek":

"It was a sweet how that song happened. I had had a really bad “day at the office” as my shiny new computer blew up on me. Real puff of smoke and sparks material. i was about to leave the studio defeated which is always a bad thing. Those days can spiral into weeks and it’s important to try to do at least one thing in a day you’re happy with. Out of the corner of my eye i spotted my harmonizer (a little box that you hook up to a keyboard via midi so you can play in the notes you want your voice to transpose to in real time). I hadn’t yet written anything with this piece of gear but had always wanted to do an a cappella on this album. I powered it up and connected my microphone into the box and recorded the output to my minidisk.

Imogen Heap about
The first thing i sung/played and four minutes later was and is the melody and harmony of the final version. Lyrically it wasn’t all there apart from “Where are we, what the hell is going on?” and some random lines but i had the idea of Hide and Seek a while beforehand. It was like magic. Just as i struck the last chord a train went by outside the window and you can hear this in the final version. There was something so special about this version i was gutted it had no lyrics really to speak of but every breath and chord of the demo i copied as best i could to get everything from that 2am moment onto the record. I love this song as it feels as if it’s not mine because it took so little time to finish as others take weeks, months! Feels like a gift."

Seen at Destrucción Sónica y Mental

No comments:

Post a Comment